Made from the Heart
Our last blog gave some great ideas for gifts for all the special people in your life. But maybe you’re the type who loves to create things for your friends and family. We got that covered too! We’ve found 5 recipes for simple, natural skincare products that you can make at home! Spend some time with your best friend or your daughter concocting these small batch, easy-to-make products that will make your gifts stand apart from the rest!
Foaming Face Wash
- 3/4 cup cooled brewed chamomile tea (or distilled water)
- 1/4 cup liquid castile soap
- 1/2 tsp organic almond oil
- 3-4 drops vitamin E or other carrier oil
- 16 drops your favorite essential oil (or blend!)
- 4 to 6 oz. foaming soap bottle
- In a 4 to 6 oz. foaming soap bottle, add liquid Castile soap, organic almond oil and vitamin E oil.
- Add essential oils as needed.
- Fill with chamomile tea or water to the top of the bottle.
- Shake well and use as needed.
Exfoliating Honey and Oatmeal Facial Mask
- Mash avocado to a paste.
- Ground uncooked oatmeal in a blender or food processor.
- Mix Avocado, oatmeal and honey together.
- Apply to face and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a warm washcloth to wipe off.
Organic DIY Lip Balm
- 1 tbsp organic almond oil
- 2 tbsp organic extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1.5 tbsp organic, cosmetic-grade beeswax pastilles
- Lip balm tubes
- 10 drops your favorite essential oil
- Use a double boiler on low heat to melt all ingredients (except essential oils).
- Remove from heat once melted and add essential oils.
- Fill lip balm tins and let cool for a couple of hours to firm up.
DIY Shave Lotion (for men and women!)
- 4 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 1 tsp fractionated coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vegetable glycerin
- 1/2 tsp vitamin E oil
- 3 drops Cedarwood essential oil and 3 drops Orange essential oil (Great masculine scent!)
- For a more feminine scent, try 3 drops of lavender and 3 drops of ylang ylang essential oils
- In a jar, combine all ingredients in your bottle and shake well.
- It’s important to use FRACTIONATED coconut oil, so that it will not solidify when it’s cool.
- Use on wet skin for a perfectly smooth shave.
- 1/2 cup granulated brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ cup olive oil or coconut oil
- essential oils of your preference (optional)
- 1 small wide-mouth glass mason jar
How to Make It
- Mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container, such as a mason jar.
- Use about 1 tablespoon as needed in the shower.
- Scrub skin with the mixture and rinse will.